In the promotional world, New Year = new product. Per usual, our staff has been busy these past few weeks meeting with suppliers and checking out new-for-2015 bags, drinkware, apparel and more. Last year, Jamie visited THE industry show in Vegas, and I attended an industry show in Dallas. We love to report back with our favorite product finds, and this year will be no different. Marsha just returned from a show in Orlando, Florida, so we'll kick off the product recaps with her experience. Take it away, Marsha!
I love attending the ASI industry show in Orlando. I find it to be more manageable than other shows; it only takes two days to complete, and I do not have to deal with a change in time zone. This year was an especially pleasant trip because ASI blocked off an area in Universal Studios, and attendees were able to enjoy attractions like the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Men in Black Alien Attack and the Simpsons Ride. I even got a photo with Krusty the Clown.
I returned with a long list of new favorite promotional items, and I will share them on the blog over the next few days. Since I am a self-proclaimed Bag Lady, we'll start with totes and backpacks. Here are 10 that caught my eye!
1. I love this item because a white imprint area can be hard to find on a backpack. The base is dark and will disguise any dirt that gathers from setting it on the ground. Other available colors include black, royal, red, apple green and orange. 600D poly/ front zippered pocket /zippered main compartment/ side mesh water bottle pocket/ top grab handle/ padded, adjustable shoulder strap.
2. Here's a messenger bag that easily attaches to your wheeled luggage. 600D/ adjustable padded shoulder strap/ front zipper pocket/ side mesh pocket/ Velcro closure. Available in beige, gray, olive or slate blue.
3. I love the heavy-duty drawstring cord straps on this backpack. Microfiber with mesh inside zippered pocket/ built-in slot for ear buds/ reinforced eyelets. Available in gray, lime green, red or royal blue with black trim and mesh back.
4. The colors offered with this tote are bright and reminiscent of retail trends: fuchsia, teal, gray and black. 600D/ top zippered closure/ 24” cotton handles.
5. This laptop portfolio is slim, but it has a lot of padding. 300D/ 16” x 11” x 2 (fits a 17” laptop). Available in silver gray, royal and red. At 300 pieces, the price is just $5.99 with a one color imprint.
6. Nothing is better than a wheeled shopping tote. I was thankful to have a wheeled backpack during my time in Orlando so I could easily collect and carry product samples. This wheeled tote has a large main compartment with drawstring closure and a sturdy frame. The zippered pocket in the back keeps your phone within easy reach.
7. Laminated jute will be a popular trend this year. Lamination adds strength and makes the product easier to clean. I think the striped webbing gives this eco-friendly tote an upscale look. Available in red, royal and black.
8. This bag is great for everyone. It is large enough to easily fit a beach towel. Rope handles with wrapped loop attachments are nice details.
9. I think the silver/black coloring of this bag is what appealed to me most. 600D/ soft touch PVC trim and handles/ 28” shoulder straps with pinch grip/ zippered top closure/ front zippered pocket/ zippered interior security pocket.
10. I love the prints available for this round utility tote. 7 oz. cotton duck canvas/ laminated interior/ 24” handles/ collapsible wire frame opening.